- Title:The Race Riot Suite
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1633 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1822 megabytes
- Size WMA version1937 megabytes
- Formats:FLAC AUD AIFF MP2 DTS MP1 VOC
Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey The Race Riot Suite. The Battle for Earth by Doug Collette. Worker by Dave Wayne. Millions: Live in Denver by Dave Wayne. Race Riot Suite by Doug Collette. Lil Tae Rides Again by James Taylor. Lil' Tae Rides Again by Chris May. Interviews. Royal Potato Family 2014. Kinnara Records 2011.
Album · 2011 · 16 Songs. olo piano - . olo piano remix (The Race Riot Suite).
Jacob Fred creates psychedelic music with fat beats.
Race Riot Suite - composed by Chris Combs, the group’s lap steel player - draws deeply from the well of pre-Swing jazz, but incorporates it into a series of distinctly modern arrangements. It’s a remarkable achievement in modern jazz, even without the tragic back story. But once you know the story behind the music, its power is increased tenfold. In 1921, Tulsa was home to a powerful and affluent African-American community.
Lost In the Battle For Greenwood. Grandfather's Gun. Cover Up. Third Prayer. This is a new, unopened CD in its original packaging.
For its 21st album, Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey reaches into the dark annals of its hometown's history and emerges with a masterwork: The Race Riot Suite. Written, arranged and orchestrated by Chris Combs, the album is a long-form conceptual piece that tells the devastating story of the 1921 Tulsa race riot- a real estate-driven ethnocide occurring under the guise of citizen-dispensed justice.
|2||Black Wall Street|
|6||Lost In The Battle For Greenwood|
|11||Eye Of The Dove|
- Recorded At – The Church Studio, Tulsa
- Mixed At – Blackwatch Studios
- Mastered At – West West Side Music
- Artwork – Peregrine Honig
- Baritone Saxophone – Peter Appelbaum
- Design – Maiko Kuzunishi
- Double Bass – Jeff Harshbarger
- Drums – Josh Raymer
- Engineer – Chad Copelin, Costa Stasinopoulos
- Executive-Producer – Brian Haas, Eric Dunn
- Guitar – Chris Combs
- Horn [Homemade Horns] – Mark Southerland
- Mastered By – Alan Douches
- Mastered By [Assistant] – Sean Hansen
- Mixed By – Chad Copelin, Costa Stasinopoulos
- Piano – Brian Haas
- Producer – Costa Stasinopoulos
- Tenor Saxophone – Jeff Coffin, Mark Southerland
- Trombone – Matt Leland
- Trumpet – Steven Bernstein
- Trumpet [Slide Trumpet] – Steven Bernstein
- Written-By, Arranged By – Chris Combs
NotesAll Prayers are excepts from free form group improvisations.
Recorded January 16th through 31st, 2011 at The Church Studio in Tulsa, OK.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 020286156314
|KIN0006||Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey||The Race Riot Suite (LP)||Kinnara Records||KIN0006||US||2011|
|KIN0006||Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey||The Race Riot Suite (LP, EP, MP, 180)||Kinnara Records||KIN0006||US||2011|
|none||Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey||Race Riot Suite (CDr, Album)||Kinnara Records||none||US||2011|