Ryo Fukui - 福居良 (Scenery)Full Album 1976. 3 years ago 3 years ago. Jazz & Blues.
Unquestionably one of the most important Japanese jazz albums ever recorded, Scenery reveals Ryo Fukui as a miraculously brilliant self-taught pianist fusing modal, bop, and cool jazz influences for a very personal, dexterous and game-changing take on classic standards made famous by Bing Crosby and John Coltrane among others.
Because of Jap-Jazz’s confused identity, one the genre’s most important albums was Ryo Fukui’s Scenery. While other artists were busy getting to know the textures of music, self-taught pianist Ryo, accompanied by a drummer and a bass player, decided to give his own spin on American jazz. He borrowed elements of post-bop, cool jazz, and even blues to create something unique, something unheard of before: a jazz album that prioritized composition rather than improvisation. The six song album continuously proves that Ryo is the complete master at his craft. Every section flows seamlessly into one.
Tracklist: 1. It Could Happen To You 2. I Want To Talk About You 3. Early Summer 4. Willow Weep For Me 5. Autumn Leaves 6. Scenery. DOWNLOAD from: Letitbit Fileserve Turbobit Megaupload.
Vivid, We Release Jazz WRJ 001REG.
I was listening Aphex Twin and I end up here :D.
Listen to music from Ryo Fukui like Early Summer, It Could Happen To You & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Ryo Fukui.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||It Could Happen To You
Written-By – J. Van Heusen*
|A2||I Want To Talk About You
Written-By – B. Eckstine*
Written-By – H. Ichikawa*
|B1||Willow Weep For Me
Written-By – A. Ronell*
Written-By – J. Kosma*
Written-By – R. Fukui*
- Recorded At – Yamaha Hall, Sapporo
- Mastered At – Music Matters Mastering
- Lacquer Cut At – Emil Berliner Studios
- Pressed By – Optimal Media GmbH – BI13636
- Distributed By – Wordandsound
- Licensed From – Ultra-Vybe, Inc.
- Printed By – Stoughton Printing Co.
- Bass – Satoshi Denpo
- Coordinator [Licensing Coordinator] – Kensuke Hidaka*
- Design [Cover] – Takashi Nogiwa
- Drums – Yoshinori Fukui
- Engineer – Kunio Arai
- Lacquer Cut By – RM*
- Lacquer Cut By [Half Speed Cut] – Rainer Maillard
- Layout – Nicolas Eigenheer
- Piano, Producer – Ryo Fukui
- Producer, Photography By [Cover] – Masataka Ito
- Supervised By – Olivier Ducret, Stephan Armleder*
NotesLimited to 2000.
"Half Speed Master" gold hype sticker on shrink-wrap and comes with an obi tag.
Tip-on sleeve by Stoughton, Los Angeles.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 4260544823664
- Barcode (Text): 4 260544 823664
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched): BI13636-01 A1 =⨡ WRJ001 A HALFSPEED EBS RM
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched): BI13636-01 B1 =⨡ WRJ001 B HALFSPEED EBS RM
|PA-7148||Ryo Fukui||Scenery (LP, Album)||Nadja||PA-7148||Japan||1976|
|WRJ001||Ryo Fukui||Scenery (LP, Album, RE, Hal)||We Release Jazz||WRJ001||Switzerland||2018|
|none||Ryo Fukui||Scenery (6xFile, AAC, 256)||Trio Records||none||2005|
|CDSOL-1418||福居良トリオ*||Scenery (CD, Album, RE, RM, Pap)||Nadja, Trio Records, Solid Records||CDSOL-1418||Japan||2011|
|CDSOL-1107||Ryo Fukui||Scenery+2 (CD, Album, RE)||Solid Records||CDSOL-1107||Japan||2005|