Listen to Outta the Nest online and get recommendations on similar music. Album descriptions on Last.
I recently went back and bought the enhanced CD version of The Vipers' debut album (originally released Christmastime '84 on vinyl on the PVC label) so I could more readily show my LP-lacking friends in Fresno what they've been missing these past two decades. In the late '90s, Vipers frontman Jon Weiss was as responsible as anyone for the latter-day garage resurgence as the creator of the Cavestomp! music festivals in NYC (1997-2001), conjuring by alchemy a host of legendary acts we never thought we'd see in person (? and the Mysterians, The Remains, The Pretty Things, The Chocolate Watchband, Richard & the Young Lions
Shop more: Psych/Garage Rock The VIPERS Rock-Rola. 100% Secure Shopping. Best music store: 5 time winners. Help & Information.
VIPERS – Outta The Nest! (Rocka-Rola) L. .Album opener Nothing’s From (Today) sets the tone with its ebullient vocals, chiming guitarlicks and lively backbeat, while Now I Remember with its scurrying reverbed guitar lines and subtle percussion touches finds them adding some psychedelic flavor
Outta The Nest (LP, Album). Yesterday's Saints - Generation Of Vipers. The Vipers - Reflections Of Charlie Brown, Watching The World Pass By. Tiny Vipers - Tiny Vipers. The Prodigy - Outta Space. The Vipers Skiffle Group - The Cumberland Gap. Joe Maz - Outta My Mind. Super Cat - Outta Dem Trouble.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Nothing's From Today|
|A2||Now I Remember|
|A3||Cheated And Lied|
|A4||Dark As My Day|
|A5||Tellin' Those Lies|
|B2||Tears (Only Dry)|
|B3||Ain't Nothin' Like Her
Lead Vocals – Graham May
|B5||Not To Be In Love|
|B6||We're Outta Here|
- Marketed By – Jem Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – Sear Sound
- Recorded At – Songshop Studios
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Passport Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Passport Records, Inc.
- Bass, Vocals – Graham May
- Drums, Percussion, Harpsichord – Patrick Allen Brown
- Engineer – Bill Titus, Buddy Pollack (tracks: A4, A6, B2), Wayne Vlcan (tracks: A4, A6, B2)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Jamie Chaleff (tracks: A4, A6, B2), Julian Herzfeld (tracks: A4, A6, B2)
- Guitar, Bongos, Vocals – Paul Monroe Martin
- Guitar, Keyboards, Harmonica, Vocals – David Andrew Mann
- Photography By – Leland Mann, Tom Langton
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Monica Dee
- Photography By [Front Cover] – Marcia Resnick
- Producer – Ivan Kral (tracks: A4, A6, B2), Nadroj Wolrat, The Vipers
- Producer, Executive-Producer – Bob Chich
- Vocals – Jonithan Adam Weiss
|PVC 8928||The Vipers||Outta The Nest (LP, Album)||PVC Records||PVC 8928||US||1984|
|CS! 5003-2||The Vipers||Outta The Nest! (CD, Album, Enh)||Cavestomp! Records||CS! 5003-2||US||2000|
|PVC 8928||The Vipers||Outta The Nest (LP, Promo, TP)||PVC Records||PVC 8928||US||1984|
|RRLP-001||The Vipers||Outta The Nest (LP, Album, 180)||Rocka-Rola Records||RRLP-001||US||2014|
|5040||The Vipers||Outta The Nest (LP, Album)||Lolita||5040||France||1984|