Mike Ladd's first studio album, Easy Listening 4 Armageddon, was released in 1997. He released Welcome to the Afterfuture in 2000. Nostalgialator was released in 2004. In 2005, he released Negrophilia: The Album, which was inspired by Petrine Archer-Straw's book of the same name Style and influences Discography. Easy Listening 4 Armageddon (1997). Welcome to the Afterfuture (2000).
Record Label: Thirsty Ear. Genre(s): Indie, Rap, Jazz.
Negrophilia adds soundscape artist to his resume. Track Listing: 1. Fieldwork; 2. The french dig latinos too; 3. In perspective; 4. Shake it; 5. Worldwide shrink wrap; 6. Back at ya; 7. Appropriate metro; 8. Blond negress; 9. Sam and milli dine out; 10. Nancy and carl go christmas shopping; 11. Sleep patterns of black expatriates circa 1960
See details and exclusions. See all 7 brand new listings.
Its ideas are referenced, examined, messed with, expanded upon, and dusted off to make natural modern-day parallels.
Negrophilia: The Album (Vinyl).
Negrophilia: The Album (2005)Negrophilia: The Album2005. Father Divine (2005).
The idea for the album spawned from Petrine Archer-Straw's book of the same title that studies avant-garde Paris and black culture through fashion, literature and art in the 20s. The album is a mix of jazz, hip-hop and electronica but has found its own sound through the variety of instruments used in the production.
|A1||Field Work (The Ethnographer's Daughter)|
|A2||The French Dig Latinos, Too|
|A5||Worldwide Shrinkwrap (Contact Zones)|
|B1||Back At Ya|
|B4||Sam And Milli Dine Out|
|B5||Nancy And Carl Go Christmas Shopping|
|B6||Sleep Patterns Of Black Expatriots Circa 1960|
- Copyright (c) – Thirsty Ear Recordings, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Thirsty Ear Recordings, Inc.
- Recorded At – Sorcerer Sound
- Mixed At – Tactille
- Design – Robert Beam
- Drums, Electronics – Guillermo E. Brown
- Mixed By – Guillermo E. Brown, Mike Ladd
- Piano, Organ, Synthesizer – Vijay Iyer
- Producer – Guillermo E. Brown (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B2, B3, B6), Marguerite Ladd (tracks: B1, B4, B5), Mike Ladd (tracks: A1 to B5), Vijay Iyer (tracks: A3)
- Sampler [Sampled Composition] – Marguerite Ladd
- Tape [Loops] – Bruce Grant
- Trumpet – Roy Campbell
- Vocals, Programmed By – Mike Ladd
- Wind – Andrew Lamb
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 00435 71561
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): THI1-57156 A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): THI1-57156 B
|THI 57156.2||Mike Ladd||Negrophilia [The Album] (CD, Album)||Thirsty Ear||THI 57156.2||US||2005|