- Title:The Polite Force
- Style:Psychedelic Rock, Prog Rock
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1942 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1800 megabytes
- Size WMA version1472 megabytes
- Formats:DMF APE XM DTS FLAC DXD MMF
Released in 1971, The Polite Force is the second album by British band Egg. It is often regarded as the band’s best work and displays an advance in compositional maturity which moves away from the lingering psychedelic-pop sensibilities of their debut album toward a more avant-garde instrumental approach. The music is a fine example of early English progressive rock, bearing many similarities to Soft Machine.
That doesn't mean they aren't given to some electronic excesses. Reissued in Japan in the late '90s as part of the Decca/Deram psychedelic retrospective series.
Band Name Egg. Album Name The Polite Force. Released date February 1970. Labels Deram Records. Music StyleProgressive Rock. Members owning this album2. 1. A visit to Newport Hospital.
Album by Egg. Boilk (including Durch Adams Fall ist ganz verderbt). Long Piece No. 3. Part 1. Part 2. Part 3. Part 4. Dave Stewart – organ, piano, tone generator. Mont Campbell – bass, vocals. Clive Brooks – drums. Guests on "Contrasong": Henry Lowther, Mike Davis – trumpet.
Listen free to Egg – The Polite Force (A Visit to Newport Hospital, Contrasong and more). This is one of the albums by the original 1960's - 1970's UK band Egg. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last. Tracklist.
Only 4 left in stock (more on the way). Having said that, the second Egg's album (Dave Stewart on keyboards, Mont Campbell on Bass, and Clive Brooks on drums), "The Polite Force" is a more than polite show of musical force, beginning with two pieces sung by bassist Mont Campbell, the first notably executed at the level of the interplay between bass, keyboard and drums, and the second, not less well.
By: Egg (1970, Rock). More albums from Egg: Don’t Postpone Joy by Egg. View all albums . About.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||A Visit To Newport Hospital||8:25|
Written By – Brown
|4||Long Piece No. 3 - Part One||5:06|
|5||Long Piece No. 3 - Part Two||7:39|
|6||Long Piece No. 3 - Part Three||8:01|
|7||Long Piece No. 3 - Part Four||2:51|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – The Decca Record Company Limited
- Copyright (c) – Cherry Red Records
- Licensed To – Cherry Red Records Group
- Record Company – Universal Music Group
- Recorded At – Morgan Studios
- Remastered At – The Audio Archiving Company
- Coordinator [CD Reissue Coordinated By], Reissue Producer [Produced By], Liner Notes [CD Reissue] – Mark Powell
- Engineer – Robin Black
- Engineer [Assistant Engineers] – Mike Butcher, Peter Flanagan, Simon Baron
- Photography By [Original LP Cover Photographed By] – Terry Yetton
- Producer [Original Album Production By], Liner Notes [Original Album] – Neil Slaven
- Remastered By – Paschal Byrne
- Written-By – Brooks* (tracks: 4 to 7), Stewart* (tracks: 3 to 7), Campbell*
NotesOriginally released as Deram Nova SDN 14 in 1970.
Recorded at Morgan Studios, Willesden.
All tracks remastered from the original master tapes at The Audio Archiving Company, London.
℗ 1971 The Decca Record Company Ltd.
The original copyright in this sound recording is owned by Decca Music Group Ltd., a division of Universal Music Group, under license to Cherry Red Records Group.
This compilation: © 2008 Cherry Red Records.
Esoteric Recordings is a Cherry Red label.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 013929 713628
- Barcode (String): 5013929713628
- Matrix / Runout (Variants 1 & 2): CA ECLEC2036 @
- Mastering SID Code (Variants 1 & 2): IFPI L039
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 1258
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 122D
|SML 1074||Egg||The Polite Force (LP, Album)||Deram||SML 1074||UK||1971|
|30523022||Egg||The Polite Force (CD, Album, RE)||Sunrise Records||30523022||Europe||2003|
|ECLCD 1015||Egg||The Polite Force (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Eclectic Discs||ECLCD 1015||UK||2004|
|535 334-4||Egg||The Polite Force (LP, Album, RE, RM, 180)||Deram||535 334-4||Europe||2014|
|UICY-9511||Egg||The Polite Force (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Pap)||Deram||UICY-9511||Japan||2005|