- Style:Jazz-Rock, Jazz-Funk
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1853 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1552 megabytes
- Size WMA version1194 megabytes
- Formats:MP2 AU TTA VOC ASF AIFF WMA
Jukebox is an album by Jamaaladeen Tacuma. It was recorded from September 1987 to October 1987 and was released in 1988 by Gramavision. It was produced by Jonathan . Rose and Jamaaladeen Tacuma. Jukebox was nominated in the Grammy Awards of 1989 for best jazz album of the year. A Time A Place" – 4:20. Meta-Morphosis" – 6:28. Rhythm Of Your Mind" – 1:40. In The Mood For Mood" – 6:18. Zam Zam Was Such A Wonderful Feeling" – 4:55.
Electric Bass – Jamaaladeen Tacuma. 9. Solar System Blues. Drums – Dennis AlstonElectric Bass – Jamaaladeen TacumaGuitar – Ronnie Drayton Harmonica – Frederick "Popeye" Phineas Tenor Saxophone – Byard Lancaster.
Band Name Jamaaladeen Tacuma. 版公司 Gramavision Records. Other productions from Jamaaladeen Tacuma.
One of the top graduates of Ornette Coleman's Prime Time, electric bassist Jamaaladeen Tacuma features his own free funk group Spectacle on this noisy and generally interesting album, his fourth for Gramavision. With Byard Lancaster on tenor, alto, flute and bird calls (!), keyboardist Alan Sukennik, guitarist Ronnie Drayton and drummer Dennis Alston (plus a couple of guest musicians), the emphasis is on Tacuma's heavy basslines and the crowded ensembles; two songs (a solo piece and a duet with Alston's drums) are showcases for the leader.
Jamaaladeen's 1988 album Jukebox was nominated for a Grammy Award in 1989, but did not win. Biography. Tacuma, raised in Philadelphia, showed interest in music at a young age, performing with the organist Charles Earland in his teens.
Jukebox (Jamaaladeen Tacuma album). 1988 studio album by Jamaaladeen Tacuma. Jukebox is an album by Jamaaladeen Tacuma. Rose and Jamaaladeen Tacuma Track listing.
This album has an average beat per minute of 93 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 93/93 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Album starts at BPM, ends at BPM (+0), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Jamaaladeen Tacuma. Call Me Helium: Doran Stucky Studer Tacuma Play the Music of Jimi Hendrix.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||A Time A Place
Drums, Percussion – Dennis AlstonElectric Bass – Jamaaladeen TacumaElectric Guitar – Ronnie Drayton*Piano – Alan SukennikSaxophone, Panpipes [Pan Flutes] – Byard Lancaster
Bass, Synthesizer, Drums – Jamaaladeen TacumaDrums – Dennis AlstonElectric Guitar – Ronnie Drayton*Piano – Alan SukennikSaxophone – Byard Lancaster
|3||Rhythm Of Your Mind
Drums – Dennis AlstonElectric Bass – Jamaaladeen Tacuma
Drums – Dennis AlstonElectric Bass – Jamaaladeen TacumaElectric Guitar – Ronnie Drayton*Saxophone – Byard Lancaster
|5||In The Mood For Mood
Drums – Dennis AlstonElectric Bass – Jamaaladeen TacumaFlute, Pipe [Bird Calls] – Byard LancasterGuitar – Ronnie Drayton*Piano, Cello [Funky] – Alan Sukennik
Drums – Dennis AlstonElectric Bass – Jamaaladeen TacumaOrgan [DX Organ, Korg DW 8000 Organ] – Alan SukennikSaxophone – Byard Lancaster
Bass Guitar [Fretless] – Jamaaladeen TacumaDrums – Dennis AlstonGuitar – Ronnie Drayton*Synthesizer – Alfie Pollit*Tenor Saxophone – Byard Lancaster
|8||Zam Zam Was Such A Wonderful Feeling
Electric Bass [Electric Bass Guitars] – Jamaaladeen Tacuma
|9||Solar System Blues
Drums – Dennis AlstonElectric Bass – Jamaaladeen TacumaGuitar [Screaming] – Ronnie Drayton*Harmonica – Frederick "Popeye" Phineas*Tenor Saxophone – Byard Lancaster
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Gramavision Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Gramavision Inc.
- Recorded At – Sound Genetics Recording
- Recorded At – A & R Recording, Inc.
- Mixed At – Gramavision Studios
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Designed At – Chermayeff & Geismar Associates
- Manufactured By – Gaia Records Ltd.
- Marketed By – Gaia Records Ltd.
- Distributed By – PolyGram Inc.
- Published By – Jamaaladeen Music
- Published By – One Foot Music
- Published By – Jowcol
- Bass, Synthesizer – Jamaaladeen Tacuma
- Design – Michael Cervantes
- Drums – Dennis Alston
- Electric Guitar – Ronnie Drayton*
- Ensemble – Spectacle
- Keyboards – Alan Sukennik
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By – Jamaaladeen Tacuma, Joe Ferla, Jonathan F.P. Rose*
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Tim Casey
- Painting [Cover Background] – Fred Guyot
- Photography By – Phoebe Ferguson
- Producer – Jamaaladeen Tacuma, Jonathan F.P. Rose*
- Recorded By – Jamaaladeen Tacuma
- Recorded By [Additional] – Joe Ferla
- Recorded By [Assistant Additional Recording] – Angela Gomez
- Saxophone – Byard Lancaster
- Written-By – Jamaaladeen Tacuma (tracks: 1 to 6, 8, 9), John Coltrane (tracks: 7)
NotesRecorded at: Sound Genetics Recording, Philadelphia, September 1987,
Additional Recording at: A&R Recording, October 1987
Mixed at: Gramavision Studio, January 1988
Mastered at: Masterdisk, NYC February 1988
Ⓟ Ⓒ1988 Gramavision Inc. Distributed by PolyGram Inc. in the USA.
Manufactured and marketed by GAIA Records Ltd.
Printed in the USA.
Ⓟ 1988 Gramavision, Inc.
Made in USA
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 51518-8803-2 5
- Barcode (Scanned, UPC_A): 051518880325
- Matrix / Runout: 10374 AZ SA10532
|18-8803-1||Jamaaladeen Tacuma||Jukebox (LP, Album)||Gramavision||18-8803-1||US||1988|
|18-8803-1||Jamaaladeen Tacuma||Jukebox (LP, Album)||Gramavision||18-8803-1||Germany||1988|
|GCD 79436||Jamaaladeen Tacuma||Jukebox (CD, Album, RE)||Gramavision||GCD 79436||US||Unknown|
|R4 79436||Jamaaladeen Tacuma||Jukebox (Cass, Album)||Gramavision||R4 79436||US||1988|
|18-8803-2||Jamaaladeen Tacuma||Jukebox (CD, Album)||Gramavision||18-8803-2||Germany||1988|