- Title:The Divine Liturgy Of St. John Chrysostom
- Style:Choral, Contemporary
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1300 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1774 megabytes
- Size WMA version1456 megabytes
- Formats:AA DTS TTA WAV MP3 ASF MP4
Album · 2013 · 22 Songs. Westminster Cathedral Choir, London Brass & Martin Baker. Will Todd: The Call of Wisdom. Nigel Short, Tenebrae & English Chamber Orchestra. Polyphony & Stephen Layton. James MacMillan: Miserere. The Sixteen & Harry Christophers.
Alexander Levine's inspired setting of the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom is recognizably modern, though it is still solidly rooted in Orthodox Christian tradition and carries in its sublime moods and sonorities the spirituality and mysticism of the Eastern Church. Levine's composition follows canonical usage, with some changes from convention (some texts usually sung by the priest are given to the choir) the music is full of the textures and rhythmic flow of Russian church music, which Levine has clearly internalized.
Tenebrae return to the repertoire of Russian composer Alexander Levine. The Divine Liturgy of St John Chrysostom is Levine’s most significant large-scale religious work to date. The performance is spectacularly successful. Short paces the score superbly and his singers are with him at every turn. Release Date: 11 March 2013. Record Label: Signum Classics. Catalogue Number: SIGCD316. Location of Recording: St Augustine’s Church, Kilburn, London.
The divine liturgy of our father among the saints. свщ7е1нникъ се1ргій свэ1шниковъ 2012. По бл7гослове1нію Высокопреwсвzще1ннэйшаго. А3рхіепjскопа Санъ-Францисскаго и Западно-Американскаго. Saints john chrysostom. Діaконъ: Бlгослови2, вLко. Deacon: Bless, master. цrтво, nц7A, и3. сн7а
Tenebrae's latest album on Signum sees their return to the repertoire of Russian composer Alexander Levine. Recording details: February 2012 St Augustine's Church, Highbury, London, United Kingdom Produced by Nicholas Parker Engineered by Mike Hatch Release date: March 2013 Total duration: 77 minutes 2 seconds.
Tenebrae Nigel Short Length : 05:30. Composer: Alexander Levine. This track is on the following album: Alexander Levine: The Divine Liturgy of St John Chrysostom.
The Divine Liturgy of St John Chrysostom. World Premiere: St. Petersburg, 2009, Mariinsky Opera Choir, conductor Andrey Petrenko. UK premiere: March 7, 2013, London. Tenebrae Choir, director Nigel Short. Australian Premiere: Aug. 2014, St George's Cathedral, Perth, St George's Cathedral Consort, Director Joseph Nolan (organist). Recording: Tenebrae Choir, director Nigel Short, Signum Records, London, 2013. The Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom. Tenebrae, conductor Nigel Short, Signum Classics, 2013, SIGCD316. Prayers for Mankind (A Symphony of Prayers). Tenebrae, conductor Nigel Short, Signum Classics, 2010, SIGCD212. The BBC Singers,cond.
Alexander Levine, Alexander Levine, Tenebrae, Tenebrae, Nigel Short, Nigel Short.
|1||Introduction And Great Litany||6:20|
|4||Him,n To The Lord||2:15|
|5||The Third Antiphon: Beatitudes||4:47|
|8||Litany Of Fervent Supplication||3:32|
|9||Litany For The Catechumens||3:44|
|11||That We May Receive The King Of All||0:55|
|12||Litany Of Fervent Supplication||4:26|
|15||We Hymn Thee||1:39|
|16||Hymn To The Virgin||3:19|
|17||Litany Before The Lord's Prayer||2:14|
|18||The Lord's Prayer And Elevation||4:26|
|20||Hymn Of Praise||3:41|
|21||Thanksgiving And Dismissal||1:54|
|22||Blessed Be The Name Of The Lord||2:04|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Signum Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Signum Records Ltd.
- Recorded At – St. Augustine's Church, Highbury
- Alto Vocals – Carris Jones, Claire Eadington, Daniel Collins, Mark Chambers , Martha McLorinan, Stephen Burrows
- Bass Vocals – Adrian Peacock, Jimmy Holiday , Nicholas Ashby, Reuben Thomas, Stephen Kennedy , William Gaunt
- Choir – Tenebrae
- Composed By, Liner Notes – Alexander Levine
- Design, Artwork – Woven Design
- Directed By – Nigel Short
- Engineer – Mike Hatch
- Producer, Edited By – Nicholas Parker
- Soprano Vocals – Amy Moore , Emilia Hughes, Joanna Forbes L'Estrange*, Katie Trethewey, Marie Macklin
- Tenor Vocals – Benjamin Alden*, Benedict Hymas, Matthew Howard, Nicholas Todd , Nicholas Madden*
NotesRecorded 13-15 February 2012
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 35212 03162 9
- SPARS Code: DDD
- Label Code: LC15723
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L027
- Matrix / Runout: 00095 53220 922 01 + 53220924