- Title:The Serpent's Egg
- Style:Folk, Neo-Classical
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1837 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1924 megabytes
- Size WMA version1761 megabytes
- Formats:WMA DMF DXD VOX AUD ADX AHX
The Serpent's Egg is the fourth studio album by the Australian band Dead Can Dance, released on 24 October 1988 by record label 4AD. The album was the last produced while Brendan Perry and Lisa Gerrard were a romantic couple. A majority of the album was recorded in a multi-storey apartment block in the Isle of Dogs, London.
comentando The Serpent's Egg, LP, Album, CAD 808. I need some help with finding my version of this record. The cover is this 78866 version from Rough Trade/Megadisc. But the record is different I think that it& this one ease/139318 the first UK release. Of course the covers can be changed in time by someone but the matrix from my record shows besides CAD 808-A and CAD 808-B also etched HC3871693.
As with that album, The Serpent's Egg was heralded by an astounding first track, "The Host of Seraphim
The Serpent's Egg (album). For the 1977 Ingmar Bergman film, see The Serpent's Egg (film). The Serpent's Egg is the fourth studio album by Australian musical act Dead Can Dance. It was released on 24 October 1988 by record label 4AD. Contents.
Dead Can Dance’s fourth album, The Serpent’s Egg (1988), came during a prolific period for the band, being released just four years after their debut. It was also the first they made at their own studio which, according to Brendan Perry, allowed them to continue to grow in their own self-proclaimed direction. A minimal yet rather grandiose record which includes fan favourites The Host Of Seraphim and Ullyses, The Serpent’s Egg is a triumph and perhaps the finest example of where Brendan and Lisa’s diametrically different influences were overcome to form a new, almost synaesthetic whole
|1||The Host Of Seraphim|
|2||Orbis De Ignis|
|4||The Writing On My Father's Hand|
|5||In The Kingdom Of The Blind The One-Eyed Are Kings|
|6||Chant Of The Paladin|
|7||Song Of Sophia|
- Licensed From – 4AD
- Licensed Through – Jade Music Co., Ltd.
- Distributed By – Nippon Columbia Co., Ltd.
- Made By – Nippon Columbia Co., Ltd.
- Artwork – Brendan Perry, Vaughan Oliver
- Cello – Tony Gamage
- Hurdy Gurdy – Brendan Perry
- Producer – Dead Can Dance, Dead Can Dance (tracks: 9), John A. Rivers (tracks: 1, 2, 7, 10)
- Viola – Andrew Beesley, Sarah Buckley
- Violin – Alison Harling, Rebecca Jackson
- Vocals [Voice] – Brendan Perry, David Navarro Sust, Lisa Gerrard
- Written-By – Brendan Perry (tracks: 3 to 6, 8), Lisa Gerrard (tracks: 3 to 6, 8)
NotesIn loving memory of Susan O'Reilly.
Lyrics © 1988 Beggars Banquet Music/Momentum Music
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4988001236832
- Matrix / Runout: CY-3005 1A2 8Y
- Price Code (OBI): ¥2,800
|CAD 808||Dead Can Dance||The Serpent's Egg (LP, Album)||4AD||CAD 808||UK||1988|
|VG 50396||Dead Can Dance||The Serpent's Egg (LP, Album)||4AD||VG 50396||Greece||1988|
|RTD 92, CAD 808||Dead Can Dance||The Serpent's Egg (LP, Album, Promo)||4AD, Megadisc, Rough Trade Records GmbH||RTD 92, CAD 808||Germany||1988|
|Conte 124||Dead Can Dance||The Serpent's Egg (LP, Album)||Contempo Records||Conte 124||Italy||1988|
|CAD 808 CD||Dead Can Dance||The Serpent's Egg (CD, Album, RE)||4AD||CAD 808 CD||Italy||Unknown|